What is LINQ?
LINQ introduced radical changes to the C# language. In this course, LINQ Fundamentals you'll see features of the C# language that make LINQ work, as well as how to use LINQ effectively using practical examples. You'll start with seeing a demonstration of the power of LINQ along with some of the important features of the C# language for LINQ, including how to create and use extension methods and lambda expressions. Next, you'll focus on the behavior of LINQ queries and start to work with realistic data to learn how to filter, order, and project data. Finally, you'll see some demonstrations on how to use LINQ to XML as well as, how LINQ works with a remote datasource by using the Entity Framework against Microsoft SQL Server. By the end of this course, you'll be ready to process and query in-memory data, as well as work with XML and a SQL Server database.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn LINQ C#, how it works, and how to use LINQ effectively. If you want to learn how to process and query in-memory data and work with XML and SQL Server databases, this course is for you.
Benefits of LINQ and Entity Framework:
- LINQ offers a common syntax for querying any type of data sources
- It binds the gap between relational and object-oriented approachs
- LINQ expedites development time by catching errors at compile time and includes IntelliSense & Debugging support
- LINQ expressions are Strongly Typed.
- Leverage new features of C# 3.0, including extension methods and lambda expressions.
- Understand LINQ Architecture and Role to LINQ Providers
- Use LINQ to filter, sort, and group in-memory collections of objects.
- Perform CRUD operations using LINQ to SQL
- Create LINQ to SQL queries to execute SQL Server stored procedures.
- Understand how to resolve concurrency conflicts with LINQ to SQL.
- To deal with Transactions using LINQ
- Using Linq to DataSet for retrieving data from DataSet.
- Write LINQ to XML queries to search XML documents and save them to the file system.
- Build a real-world n-tier application using LINQ to SQL.