What is Entity Framework?
If you are new to Entity Framework, Microsoft’s framework for integrating data access into your .NET applications, this is the place to start. You will gain an understanding of:
- What Entity Framework is for
- How Entity Framework works
- Where it belongs in your software architecture and how to get it there
You’ll gain hands on experience with the basics of using EF from designing a simple model to interacting with that to persist data from your application.
In addition to getting developers started with EF and prepared to learn and take advantage of more advanced techniques, this course will provide managers with the info they need to help them with decision making when planning a development stack.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn Entity Framework - what it is, how it works, and where it fits in your software architecture.
Benefits of LINQ and Entity Framework:
- It provides auto generated code
- It reduce development time
- It reduce development cost
- It enables developers to visually design models and mapping of database
- It provides capability of programming a conceptual model.
- It provides unique syntax (LINQ / Yoda) for all object queries whether it is database or not
- It allow multiple conceptual models to mapped to a single storage schema
- It’s easy to map business objects (with drag & drop tables).
- Understand the EDMX file generation from an existing database.
- Using Entity Objects with LINQ Queries
- Performing CRUD Operations using LINQ to Entities
- Learning and executing Entity SQL Queries
- Understand the benefits of Eagar and Lazy Loading
- Modelling techniques.