What is PowerBI?
In current times, where data is money, and there is abundance of data everywhere, what we need are tools that actually analyze this data to draw reasonable and actionable conclusions. PowerBI is said to be a collection of software services and applications which work in sync to transform the unrelated sources of data into actionable insights for the user. The data can be stored and used from excel sheets or can be used from a number of data warehouses, irrespective of being cloud based or on premise.
What's more is that PowerBI allows you to not only analyze, but also visualize the data in order to figure out the key components or insights required.
Why learn PowerBI?
- Easy to Use - PowerBI is very easy to use and so simple in creating visualizations to understand the data. It uses a drag and drop system in order to create visuals, as well as offers choice of multiple of chart types to match user preference. The interactive dashboard interface enables easy, quick and simple usage.
- Easy to Share - Once the reports are created in PowerBI, it is very easy to share them, both inside and outside your organization.
- Easy to Understand - Users can make use of natural language to create reports and interact with the data when publishing it.
- The name of it says it all! - PowerBI is said to be an incredibly powerful tool for both, modelling the data as well visualizing it. Since it uses the same base as Power Query, users are not required to learn a new language to handle the processing of this software.
- It's being used everywhere - PowerBI is available on all platforms and this ensures that users can not only view, but also make changes to reports from their mobile phones, tablets or laptops. It is compatible to both forms of OS and as such is highly interactive.
Career in PowerBI
PowerBI experts and developers are in great demands in the market nowadays. The professionals are earning an industry average of $117,000 per annum. People can take up the role of analysts or PowerBI developers. The prerequisites for the latter are mentioned above.
Online training in PowerBI
BestDotNet Training introduces this hottest analytical software which is in-demand in the market at the moment and is easy and simple to use and learn.
What you’ll learn / Course Objective:
- Identify the different roles in the data space
- Identify the tasks that are performed by a Data Analyst
- Describe the Power BI landscape of products and services
- Understand the different connection methods and their performance implications
- Apply data shape transformations
- Understand the basics of data modeling
- Define relationships and their cardinality
- Implement Dimensions and hierarchies
- Create histograms and rankings
- Understand DAX and use DAX for simple formulas and expressions.
- Work with Time Intelligence and Key Performance Indicators
- Select and add appropriate visualization type
- Add basic report navigation and interactions
- Create and configure a data source and dataset.